Instant Pot Pad Thai
This quick and easy Instant Pot Pad Thai recipe is a one pot meal with a homemade pad Thai sauce that’s sweet, tangy and savory!
Servings 4 servings
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- ½ pound chicken breast diced in 1 ½" cubes
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- ½ cup sliced green onions
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¾ cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro for serving
- 2 tablespoons crushed peanuts for serving
- limes for serving
Combine all the sauce ingredients in a bowl and mix together.
Combine the chicken, garlic, chicken broth, noodles and sauce in the Instant Pot (use the non-stick insert).
Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes and then quick release the pressure.
Add the vegetables and put the lid back on to allow them to steam for 5 minutes.
Stir to combine and serve with crushed peanuts, cilantro and fresh squeezed lime.
- If you try adding other types of veggies just make sure they're thinly sliced and can be steam cooked in 5 minutes.
- The chicken will need to be diced so it cooks quickly. If the pieces are bigger than 1 ½ inch cubes, they will take longer to cook and the noodles may get too soft.
- If you’re having trouble finding any of the sauce ingredients, you can use store-bought pad Thai sauce in a pinch.
- For added heat, try adding a few Thai chilies.
- Eggs are typically added to pad Thai, so feel free to add some scrambled eggs to this recipe.
- Be sure to quick release the pressure. If you let it release naturally, the noodles will over cook and become mushy.
- Fully cooked chicken should have an internal temperature of 165F degrees. I suggest using a digital thermometer to check for doneness.
- While the cook time is just 2 minutes on high in the Instant Pot, you’ll need to factor in time for pressure to build and release in the Instant Pot.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 80g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 2069mg | Potassium: 687mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 6446IU | Vitamin C: 47mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 2mg