Instant Pot Lamb Chops
Instant Pot Lamb Chops are tender and juicy, just like braised lamb chops, and with a spicy broth and chickpeas, it's a one pot meal!
Servings 4 servings
Season the lamb chops with the salt and pepper and let sit in the fridge, uncovered, overnight.
Heat the coconut oil in the Instant Pot insert on the sauté setting (use a non stick insert if possible).
Add the lamb chops and brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove the lamb chops and add the remaining ingredients (except lemon) and stir to combine.
Add the lamb chops back in, trying to cover them with the sauce as much as possoble.
Pressure cook on high for 2 minutes, then let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
Release any remaining pressure, remove and serve with fresh squeezed lemon.
- For the best sear, pat the lamb chops dry with a paper towel before browning them in the Instant Pot.
- Don’t skip the step of browning the lamb chops first as this helps lock in their juices.
- Make sure your lamb chops are roughly the same size in thickness so they cook at the same rate.
- Depending on how many lamb chops you’re cooking, you may need to brown them in two batches.
- If your lamb chops are overly thick they will take longer to cook. Check for doneness by using a meat thermometer.
- If you don’t have a can of chickpeas, feel free to substitute with canned white beans.
- Be sure to let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes as the lamb chops will continue cooking during this time.
- While the cooking time is just 2 minutes on high pressure in the Instant Pot, you’ll also need to factor in time for pressure to build and release.
- I used a 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe. If you have a larger 8 quart Instant Pot, it will take longer to pressurize.
Serving: 1chop | Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 86mg | Sodium: 1957mg | Potassium: 486mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 67IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 4mg