Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp
This Air Fryer Popcorn Shrimp recipe is a quick and easy way to cook frozen popcorn shrimp to ensure they get golden brown and extra crispy!!
Servings 6 servings
- 12 ounces frozen breaded popcorn shrimp
- Cocktail sauce for serving
Spray the air fryer basket lightly with oil.
Add the popcorn shrimp in one layer (will need to air fry in multiple batches).
Lightly spray with oil.
Cook at 400F degrees for 6-8 minutes, tossing halfway through.
Repeat with remaining popcorn shrimp.
Serve with cocktail sauce.
- To ensure they get extra crispy, be sure to air fry the frozen popcorn shrimp in a single layer. This means air frying in batches especially if you have a small air fryer.
- Shake the basket once halfway through cooking so the shrimp brown evenly.
- If you decide to air fry them all at once and overlap them in the basket, you’ll need to increase the air frying time and shake the basket often.
- Do not defrost the popcorn shrimp. They’re supposed to be cooked from frozen.
- I used SeaPak brand of popcorn shrimp. If you’re using a different brand, the size of the shrimp may vary. If this is the case, you may need to adjust the cooking time slightly.
- If your air fryer requires preheating, you'll want to do so before adding the first batch of shrimp.
- When spraying oil in the air fryer basket, be sure to use real cooking oil and not PAM as it's not ideal for your air fryer. I like to use this oil sprayer and fill it with my favorite oil.
- Air fryers can vary so you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 48kcal | Protein: 11g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 150mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg