Air Fryer Hash Browns
If you love crispy, shredded hash browns, you’ll love these quick and easy frozen Air Fryer Hash Browns. They're the perfect side dish for brunch or breakfast!
Course Side Dish
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 36 minutes minutes
Total Time 41 minutes minutes
Servings 6 servings
Combine the hash browns in a bowl (straight from frozen) with the avocado oil, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
Place half of the hash browns in a lightly oiled air fryer basket. (You'll need to cook in 2 separate batches so keep the second batch in the freezer while the first batch cooks).
Cook at 375F degrees for 12-18 minutes, depending on desired crispness, flipping halfway. Repeat with remaining hash browns.
- Make sure you’re using shredded hash browns. You can also get cubes and patties but they require different air frying temperatures and times.
- While you don’t need to air fry the hash browns in a single layer, you don’t want to overcrowd the air fryer basket. This means air frying in at least 2 batches.
- Do not defrost the hash browns. They’re meant to be cooked from frozen. Be sure to keep the second batch in the freezer while the first batch air fries.
- To ensure they brown evenly, don’t forget to flip the hash browns halfway through cooking. But don’t flip them more than once. Leaving them alone will help them get crispy.
- If your air fryer requires preheating, you’ll want to do so before adding the first batch of hash browns.
- These hash browns are seasoned with just salt and pepper. You can change it up and use different dried herbs and spices. I think a little Cajun seasoning would be perfect.
- When spraying oil in the air fryer basket, be sure to use real cooking oil and not PAM as it's not ideal for your air fryer. I like to use this oil sprayer and fill it with my favorite oil.
- Air fryers can vary so you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7g | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 218mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg