Tom Yum Noodles
Tom Yum Noodles are loaded with fresh veggies, chicken and a homemade tom yum sauce. It takes only 25 minutes to make this noodle stir fry!
Servings 4 servings
Heat the coconut oil in a wok or large high sided skillet.
Add the chicken and cook through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove and set aside.
Add the tomatoes, red pepper, mushrooms and lime leaves and cook until mushrooms have released their liquid.
Add the remaining ingredients (except noodles, lime and cilantro) and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the chicken and noodles and toss to coat with the sauce.
Serve with chopped cilantro and fresh lime.
- Stir fries cook quickly so make sure you have your veggies sliced and ready to go when the chicken is cooked.
- To save time, cook the noodles while the chicken and veggies are cooking, or cook them in advance.
- For a spicier tom yum sauce, just add more nam prik pao.
- If the sauce is too sour or tangy or you like it sweeter, just add a little more sugar.
- Instead of chicken thighs, you can use skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- To ensure you have enough room for the stir fry to come together, use a wok or large high sided skillet.
- You can leave out the noodles and serve this tom yum stir fry with rice instead. This coconut jasmine rice would be delicious with it.
- If you don’t have rice noodles, you can also use egg noodles or other long, slender noodles like spaghetti, soba or ramen noodles.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 620kcal | Carbohydrates: 106g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 620mg | Potassium: 678mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 1761IU | Vitamin C: 53mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 2mg