Curry Tomatoes is a simple meatless curry recipe made in just 30 minutes with canned tomatoes and a mix of warm and spicy flavors.
Prep Time 10 minutes minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes minutes
Total Time 30 minutes minutes
Servings 6 servings
Heat the coconut oil over medium heat and sauté the garlic, ginger and onion until they start to soften (about 3-5 minutes).
Add the ground spices, salt and curry leaves and cook 1 minute.
Add the tomatoes and cook 3-5 minutes, until simmering.
Add the coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with steamed basmati rice and fresh cilantro.
- For the best flavor, I recommend using fresh spices and toasting and grinding your whole spices.
- If you’re short on time, you can use ground coriander and cumin instead of toasting and grinding the seeds.
- If the curry is too thick, just add some water or veggie stock. If it's too thin, simmer it longer to reduce it.
- For an extra thick and creamy curry, use coconut cream instead of coconut milk.
- If you’re not a fan of spicy curries, cut back on the kashmiri chili powder or use paprika instead.
- To make it extra spicy, add a little cayenne pepper.
- For some protein, add a can of chickpeas, firm tofu, cooked lentils or chicken.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 90kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1341mg | Potassium: 450mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 323IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 68mg | Iron: 3mg