Sous Vide Teriyaki Chicken
Sous Vide Teriyaki Chicken is easy to make with juicy sous vide chicken thighs and a homemade teriyaki sauce that's sweet, tangy and sticky.
Servings 4 servings
Combine the chicken stock, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil, ginger and onion powder in a bowl and mix together.
Place the chicken thighs with the sauce in a vacuum seal bag and seal. Let marinate overnight in the fridge.
Heat a sous vide water bath to 155F degrees.
Place the bag in the water bath and cook for 2 hours.
Remove and pour the sauce into a saucepan, setting the thighs aside.
Bring to a simmer and slowly whisk in the cornstarch slurry. Simmer 1-2 minutes, until sauce is slightly thickened.
Serve chicken drizzled with sauce over steamed rice and garnished with green onions.
- To ensure the chicken thighs cook evenly, make sure they are sealed in the bag in a single layer.
- You’ll also want to make sure the marinade evenly coats all of the chicken thighs.
- To keep bacteria out of the sealed bag, make sure the bag has the air properly removed.
- You’ll want to make sure the bag doesn’t float in the water bath. If it does, you can just open it, let the excess air out and reseal it.
- To prevent floating you can also use a sous vide sinker weight to weigh it down.
- If you want a thicker teriyaki sauce, let it simmer longer or use a little more cornstarch slurry. If it’s too thick for you, stir in a little water or broth.
- I prefer to serve the chicken thighs whole, but you can cut them into bite size pieces before combining them with the sauce.
- If you only have bone-in and skin-on chicken thighs, you’ll want to remove the skin before marinating and cooking. You'll also need to increase the cooking time.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 274kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 107mg | Sodium: 1735mg | Potassium: 416mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 2mg