Sous Vide Pot Roast
Rich, tender and melt in your mouth delicious, this Sous Vide Pot Roast is a great way to change up your classic Sunday pot roast dinner!
Servings 6 servings
Rub the salt and pepper on the chuck roast and let it sit overnight, uncovered, in the fridge.
Heat a sous vide water bath to 135F degrees. (This is a medium rare, sliceable texture. For a more well-done, fall apart pot roast, cook at 155F degrees).
Place the chuck roast in a vacuum seal bag and add the Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, Dijon mustard and thyme. Seal the bag.
Cook for 24-36 hours. Remove from the bag, reserving the bag juice in a saucepan. *The longer you cook, the softer the meat will be
Add the sherry to the saucepan and bring to a low simmer for 5 minutes.
Slowly stir in the cornstarch slurry until the sauce is a gravy-like consistency. Adjust for salt and/or a little touch of brown sugar.
Drizzle the pot roast with gravy and serve the pot roast with Instant Pot carrots and crispy roasted potatoes.
- For the best results, let the seasoned chuck roast sit in the fridge uncovered overnight. This helps it tenderize and seal in the juices.
- Make sure you properly remove air from the sealable bag to avoid bacteria getting in.
- If air gets in the bag while the beef roast is cooking, open the vacuum seal bag or ziplock bag, remove the air and reseal it again.
- To ensure even and safe cooking, the bag should be fully submerged in the water bath. It may not be fully submerged if the bag floats or the water evaporates.
- To prevent the bag from floating, you can use something heavy like a sous vide sinker weight.
- If water starts to evaporate from the water bath, just add more water. You can also cover the bath with foil to help prevent evaporation.
- If you’d like to add a crust to your pot roast before serving, you can sear it in a hot skillet for 60-90 seconds per side.
- Let the roast rest for a few minutes before carving it. This will allow time for the juices to redistribute throughout the meat.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 425kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 44g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 13g | Trans Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 1383mg | Potassium: 786mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 49IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 5mg