These Candied Beets have a sweet orange glaze and with just 5 ingredients they're an easy side dish for the holidays or any day of the week!
Servings 8 servings
- 3-5 medium beets cooked, peeled and cut in 2" pieces (substitute whole canned beets)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon orange zest
Heat the butter, salt, orange zest and brown sugar over medium heat until bubbly, stirring regularly to prevent burning.
Add the beets and cook 3-5 minutes in the glaze.
Remove and serve hot.
- Be sure to use a large enough skillet to fit all of your beets and glaze.
- While I cut my beets into 2-inch pieces, you can cut them into smaller pieces if you prefer.
- If you’re pressed for time, you can substitute with whole canned beets.
- To change things up, you can use golden beets instead of red beets.
- You can leave out the orange zest if you prefer.
- When cooking the glaze, do so until it is just bubbling. Also, if you cook it for too long without stirring, it may burn.
- While the beets just take 3-5 minutes to cook in the glaze, you will need to factor in time to cook the beets.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 74kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 99mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 11mg | Iron: 0.3mg