Instant Pot Pumpkin
Instant Pot Pumpkin is a simple side dish with tender pumpkin, nutmeg and brandy that takes just 20 minutes to cook in the pressure cooker.
Servings 6 servings
Heat the Instant Pot on the sauté setting until hot and add the butter.
Add the pumpkin and brown for 1-2 minutes.
Add the brandy and cook for 30-60 seconds.
Add the remaining ingredients (except sage and crème fraiche) and pressure cook on high for 3 minutes.
Release the pressure naturally for 5 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
If the pot has too much extra liquid, simmer on the sauté setting for 5 minutes
Serve garnished with fresh sage and drizzled with crème fraiche.
- Cut your pumpkin into roughly the same size cubes for even cooking. They should all be about 2-inch pieces. If your pieces are larger, they may not be cooked when the pressure fully releases.
- To save time, look for pre-cut pumpkin at your grocery store.
- If you’re using a whole pumpkin, keep the seeds and treat yourself to these roasted pumpkin seeds.
- Avoid using larger carving pumpkins as they tend to be watery, stringy and lacking in flavor.
- Smaller pumpkins are more flavorful, tender and easy to peel and cut.
- If you’re having trouble cutting through your pumpkin, try microwaving it for a few minutes to soften it enough to cut through.
- Be sure to let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes as the pumpkin cubes will continue to cook during this time.
- Be careful not to overcook or leave warming in the Instant Pot for too long as the pumpkin cubes will start to get mushy.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 196mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 0.4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 6496IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg