Leftover Turkey Fajitas
Leftover Turkey Fajitas are quick, easy and ready in just 15 minutes. They're a great way to repurpose leftover Thanksgiving turkey!
Servings 4 people
- 1 pound shredded turkey
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin toasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- ½ cup cilantro
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Sour cream
Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium high heat and add the oil.
Add the onions and peppers and cook 1 minute.
Add the turkey and seasonings and cook 2-3 minutes, until crisped on the outside.
Serve on tortillas with sour cream, salsa, cilantro and jalapenos.
- You can serve these turkey fajitas on tortillas or over rice as a fajita bowl.
- If you don’t have leftover turkey, you can cook some turkey breasts or thighs or buy pre-cooked turkey.
- You can use white or dark meat or a mix of both. Whatever you prefer!
- When reheating the turkey, make sure it’s reheated to a safe internal temperature of 165F degrees. Be careful not to overheat it as it will dry out.
- If you don’t have cumin or chili powder, you can use store-bought fajita seasoning or even taco seasoning in a pinch.
- If you like your fajitas spicier, just add more seasoning or even a dash of cayenne pepper.
Serving: 8ounces | Calories: 187kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.02g | Cholesterol: 76mg | Sodium: 1310mg | Potassium: 455mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1368IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 2mg