5 Minute Broiled Tomatoes
These Broiled Tomatoes with blue cheese are one of the easiest recipes you'll ever make - fresh sliced tomatoes, a healthy sprinkling of blue cheese and a light drizzle of olive oil - all broiled in under 10 minutes for a warm, juicy, flavor packed fresh treat.
Servings 4 people
Arrange the tomato slices on a baking sheet and cover each with blue cheese crumbles.
Sprinkle the sugar across all tomatoes.
Drizzle lightly with olive oil and put under the broiler until bubbling and just starting to brown.
- Use large tomatoes, at least 3" in diameter for the best result.
- The tomato slices should be about 1/4-1/2" thick for the best results.
- Watch the tomatoes under the broiler to be sure they don't burn.
- They can also be prepared in a toaster oven under the broiler setting.
- Use your favorite blue cheese crumbles for simplicity, or buy a wedge of blue cheese and crumble it yourself.
Serving: 2slices | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 273mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 930IU | Vitamin C: 12.6mg | Calcium: 121mg | Iron: 0.3mg