No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Bars
These No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Bars are made with the perfect hint of peppermint flavor, a rich and chocolaty Oreo crust, and creamy decadent cheesecake filling.
Servings 16 Bars
Mix the softened cream cheese and sugar with a mixer until it is fully combined and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
Add the peppermint extract and about 2-3 tablespoon of the crushed candy canes (add more or less depending on flavor preference).
Pour the cream cheese batter over the Oreo crust and spread with the back of a spoon (grease the back of the spoon to make it easy to spread the batter).
Refrigerate overnight (or at least 6 hours) until firm. Garnish with whipped cream and crushed candy canes.
Pulse the Oreos in a food processor until crumbs are formed. Add the butter and mix until a dough forms, about 1-2 minutes.
Press the mixture into a parchment paper lined 8x8" baking pan.
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature before trying to mix it. using cream cheese that is too cold can cause your batter to be lumpy;
- Don't overmix the batter or your cheesecake may not set properly;
- Be sure to refrigerate for at least 6 hours to give the peppermint cheesecake time to set;
- Add an extra ½ teaspoon of peppermint extract for a stronger peppermint flavor;
- Drizzle the cheesecake with chocolate syrup to serve if desired (chocolate and peppermint go great together);
- Place several peppermint patties on top of the Oreo crust before adding the cheesecake batter for an extra peppermint flavor.
Serving: 1bar | Calories: 101kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 71mg | Potassium: 24mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 0.9mg