Chinese Fried Rice Recipe
This Chinese Fried Rice Recipe is is the best easy to make Chinese takeout recipe ever! It's super quick and easy, and perfect as a side dish or an entree.
Servings 6 servings
Heat the cooking oil in a wok pan over medium-high heat.
Add the garlic and green onions (reserving a few for garnish-optional) and stir fry for about 30 seconds, or until the garlic starts to lightly brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic or your rice will be bitter.
Add the cold, cooked rice (see expert tips if you don't have day old rice) and quickly toss to avoid the rice getting mushy. Stir fry for 2 minutes, tossing the rice.
Add the chicken broth, soy sauce, white and black pepper, and sesame oil and toss to combine with the rice.
Move the rice to the side of the pan. Add beaten eggs, cooking for 1-2 minutes until lightly scrambled.
Mix the scrambled eggs into the rice remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil. Garnish with green onions and serve.
- Day old rice is a must when making fried rice. Otherwise you will likely end up with mushy fried rice.
- Add more soy sauce to taste if desired. I start with a lesser amount for those who have less salt tolerance.
- You can add more veggies such as diced carrots, zucchini, peas, bell peppers, etc. Add the vegetables at the beginning right before the garlic and stir fry for about 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, pork, beef, chicken or tofu to make this a meal. You can also amp it up and add this Char Siu or this Braised Pork Belly. Cook the meat first, remove it from the pan and follow the remaining instructions. Add the meat back in right before cooking the eggs.
- Use the oven to dry out fried rice not made in advance: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray (or lightly coat with oil). Spread the rice on the baking and place in the oven for 5-10 minutes. Check the rice every couple minutes to ensure you aren't crisping it too much. Remove and let cool. Cool it quickly in the freezer if you're strapped for time.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 1473kcal | Carbohydrates: 142g | Protein: 42g | Fat: 92g | Saturated Fat: 32g | Cholesterol: 426mg | Sodium: 4123mg | Potassium: 1582mg | Fiber: 31g | Sugar: 30g | Vitamin A: 5470IU | Vitamin C: 23.8mg | Calcium: 222mg | Iron: 47.9mg