Pork Belly Yakisoba Noodles
A classic dish made from stir fried noodles and crispy pork belly with wok fried vegetables and seasoned with a Worcestershire based sauce, these Yakisoba noodles come together in under 30 minutes!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 pound pork belly sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms substitute white or baby bellas
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 cup cabbage shredded
- 16 ounces yakisoba noodles
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup diced green onions for garnish
Cut the pork belly into 1/2" pieces. Season with the salt and pepper
Heat the cooking oil in a wok over high heat.
Add the pork belly, in 2 separate batches, and stir fry until crisp around the edges. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
Add the mushrooms (keeping the heat on high) and stir fry until they soften and the liquid has evaporated, about 3-4 minutes.
Add the onions and red pepper and stir fry for 1 minute.
Add the cabbage and stir fry 1 minute.
Add the pork belly and mix in.
Add the yakisoba noodles and stir fry until warmed throughout. It's ok if some of the noodles get a little charred; it's adds some extra flavor!
Add the yakisoba sauce and toss to combine.
Remove from heat and garnish with green onions,
- Cook the pork belly in two batches to ensure it gets nice and crispy around the edges.
- Any kind of sliced fresh mushrooms will work in this recipe. Cook them on high until much of the liquid has evaporated.
- Use your hands to gently separate the noodles before using them so they don't break apart in the pan. You can also rinse them in water to separate - just be sure they are well drained.
- The noodles only need a quick stir fry - if you overcook them they will become mushy.
- Be careful not to overload your yakisoba with too many vegetables. You want the noodles to be the star!
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 732kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 1727mg | Potassium: 370mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 641IU | Vitamin C: 31mg | Calcium: 15mg | Iron: 1mg