Homemade Barbecue Sauce
This Homemade Barbecue Sauce might just be the best you will ever have! It's smoky, sweet, tangy and comes together in just 5 minutes!
Servings 6 servings
Combine all the ingredients in a saucepan over medium-low heat and stir until butter is melted.
Continue to stir until sauce starts to bubble. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to a jar with a lid for storing.
- Be sure to continue stirring so it doesn't stick to the bottom of the pan;
- Add ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper if you'd like a little spice in your sauce;
- Add a whole chipotle crushed chipotle pepper in adobo sauce for more spice and a deeper flavor to the sauce;
- For a tangier sauce, add in a couple tablespoons of apple cider vinegar;
- Store it in a covered container in the fridge for about 10 days;
- Freeze in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight. Keep in mind the consistency may change slightly when using previously frozen sauce.
Serving: 0.13cups | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 336IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1mg