Sauteed Green Beans with Bacon Recipe
Easy to make with diced sauteed onions, hearty beef broth, a touch of cream, and of course pieces of crisped bacon, these green beans are a show stopper!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 lbs. green beans (fresh or frozen)
- 6 oz. bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 tbsp. bacon grease
- ½ small onion diced
- ½ cup beef broth
- 4 oz. heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
Cook the bacon and crumble it in pieces. Fry on the stove or cook in the oven (Learn how to cook bacon in the oven). Reserve 1 tbsp. of bacon grease and add it to a skillet.
Heat the skillet over medium heat (with the bacon fat) and add the onions. Saute until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
Add the green beans (fresh or frozen) and cook, covered, about 3-5 minutes, stirring periodically.
Add the beef broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the bacon, salt, pepper and cream and simmer for 10-15 minutes, until the liquid has cooked off and the green beans are tender.
- Fresh or frozen green beans can be used. Fresh will have a better flavor, but frozen work great in a pinch as well;
- The bacon is salty, so be careful not to add too much salt;
- Substitute salt pork or pancetta for the bacon if desired. Cook it before hand and add it when you add the bacon.
- Stir the green beans periodically when cooking to avoid any possible burning.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 234kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 437mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 810IU | Vitamin C: 10mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg