Strawberry Spinach Salad
Nothing screams spring like this fresh Strawberry Spinach Salad with homemade strawberry vinaigrette, candied pecans, mandarin oranges and creamy, salty flavor packed blue cheese.
Servings 6 servings
- 24 oz. bag of spinach
- 2 cups strawberries
- ¼ to ⅛ cup blue cheese crumbled (depending on preference)
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 10 oz. mandarin oranges (canned or fresh)
- 1 cup candied pecans
- Candied pecans can be made from scratch (try this Candied Pecan Recipe) or purchased at your local grocery store. You can also buy them on Amazon HERE.
- Replace the blue cheese with goat cheese, Gorgonzola, or any other tangy cheese.
- The strawberry vinaigrette can be replaced with any type of vinaigrette.
- Use candied walnuts, almonds, or any other kind of crunchy sweet or salty treats for the added texture in your salad.
- Trade the mandarin oranges for grapefruit, pears, grapes or any other fruit you like. Or just add more fruit.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 229kcal | Carbohydrates: 23g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 116mg | Potassium: 201mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 335IU | Vitamin C: 55.6mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 0.7mg