Vietnamese Noodle Salad with Lemongrass Beef
This Vietnamese Noodle Salad is made with tender strips of juicy wok fried marinated lemongrass beef, rice noodles, herbs and veggies and dipping sauce.
Servings 4 servings
Combine all ingredients for marinade and add the beef. Let marinade for 24 hours.
Cook the rice noodles in boiling water for 2 minutes. Strain and rinse with cold water. Toss them every few minutes to keep them from sticking while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
Drain the beef of any excess liquid.
Heat the coconut oil in a wok or cast iron skillet over high heat until it starts smoking.
Add the beef and quickly sear until caramelized. Cook in small batches to ensure the pan retains its heat.
Remove from heat and serve over lettuce and rice noodles. Add bean sprouts, sliced cucumbers, and/or carrots if desired. Garnish with mint and basil leaves and crushed peanuts.
Serve drizzled with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of Nuoc Cham.
- Slice the beef very thin to ensure it sears quickly. Put in the freezer for about an hour before slicing it. It will be easier to cut into thin slices when the meat is partially frozen.
- If you don't have palm sugar, you can use brown sugar or coconut sugar as a substitute.
- Cook the beef in 2 batches to prevent overcrowding in the wok. This will allow it to get crisp on the outside.
- Make sure to rinse the rice noodles with cold water to prevent them from cooking further. They become mushy if cooked too long.
- This dish is best served with nuoc cham dipping sauce. It's easy to make - click on the link to head over to the recipe.
Serving: 8oz. | Calories: 799kcal | Carbohydrates: 102g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 80mg | Sodium: 1364mg | Potassium: 438mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 250IU | Vitamin C: 2.3mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 3.7mg