Blender Hollandaise Sauce Recipe
This 5 minute Blender Hollandaise Sauce is literally so easy you'll wonder why you don't make it every weekend. Or every day!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 egg yolk
- 2-3 tablespoons melted butter (see notes)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Place your egg yolk, cayenne pepper, salt and lemon juice in the blender and blend about 30 seconds.
Slowly add your melted butter, just a little at a time, blending until all butter has been incorporated and the sauce has thickened (about 30 seconds to 1 minute usually).
- Pour the butter in very slowly while pureeing to allow the sauce to emulsify.
- Adjust the amount of butter depending on how thick you want your sauce (add more butter for thinner sauce, less for thicker).
- Clarified butter will work best in this recipe, but it's not a requirement.
- If the sauce has broken (butter and egg yolks separate), blend it for another 20-30 seconds. You can also add 1-2 tablespoons of hot water to help thicken it.
Calories: 136kcal | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 129mg | Sodium: 229mg | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.3mg