The Most Delicious Braised Chicken Feet
These braised chicken feet rival any dim sum restaurant, braised in a flavorful braising liquid then stir fried in the most amazing umami packed sauce, you'll definitely want these on your menu!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 ½ pounds chicken feet claws removed
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
Pour the boiling water over the aromatics and let sit for 20 minutes.
Add the sherry and about 6 ice cubes to cool the brine.
One cooled, let the chicken feet sit in the brine for at least 2 hours. Drain.
Add the braising liquid ingredients and chicken feet to a large sauce pan.
Simmer over medium-low heat for 2 hours.
Drain, reserving the liquid for other uses.
Heat the fat in a skillet over medium heat.
Add the chicken feet and sauce ingredients.
Stir fry until chicken feet are well coated with sauce, and sauce has thickened to desired consistency, about 10 minutes.
- Be sure to cut off the claws and rinse the feet well before starting;
- Don't skip the brining as it helps gives the chicken feet flavor as well as tenderizing them;
- Let the brine cool to room temperature before adding the chicken feet - if it's too warm it will start to cook them;
- You can substitute broad bean paste for the chili bean sauce (you may have bought broad bean paste for recipes like this Mapo Tofu and have some left over);
- If the sauce is too thin when stir frying, pour in a little cornstarch slurry until the desired thickness is reached. To make a cornstarch slurry, mix 1 tablespoon of water with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Substitute dry sherry for the Shoaxing wine.
Serving: 3feet | Calories: 496kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 1350mg | Potassium: 341mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 280IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 188mg | Iron: 3mg