Instant Pot Pork Ribs
Pork ribs cooked in the Instant Pot and finished on the grill with the most amazing sweet and tangy homemade BBQ sauce
Servings 4 servings
- 1 rack pork back ribs (about 3-4 lbs.)
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- BBQ sauce
Combine all the rub ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Rub the rub all over the ribs.
Pressure cook in Instant Pot on high for 25 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then release any remaining pressure with the quick release.
Heat grill to 500 degrees or the broiler on high. Brush the ribs with BBQ sauce.
Grill ribs for 3-5 minutes per side (or broil), until the sauce has caramelized.
Remove and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve with extra BBQ sauce.
- Be sure to remove the membrane from the pork ribs before putting the rub on.
- I recommend leaving the rub on the ribs for 4 hours. However, if you're strapped for time, you can cook the ribs as soon as the rub has been applied.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before hitting the quick release - this helps to keep the ribs from getting tough.
- Finishing them on the grill or under the broiler is optional. You can eat them straight out of the Instant Pot if desired.
- I HIGHLY recommend making this Homemade BBQ Sauce Recipe - it's so much better than store bought.
Serving: 2ribs | Calories: 172kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 65mg | Potassium: 204mg | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 2.1mg