Grilled Eggplant Recipe
Skewers of eggplant marinated in a Jamaican jerk marinade and grilled for a perfect light summer snack!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 large eggplant cut in 1-2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Cut one large eggplant into 1-2" pieces. You want them large enough to fit on the skewer, but small enough to cook relatively quickly without burning the outside.
Place all your marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Add the eggplant and mix to make sure it is thoroughly coated. Refrigerate for 1-3 hours.
Heat the grill to 400F degrees.
Skewer the eggplant pieces and brush with melted coconut oil (save the excess marinade).
Place on the grill for 3-4 minutes per side, until eggplant is cooked through. If it starts to burn, turn the heat down or move to a cooler part of the grill.
Place the leftover marinade in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes until warmed and bubbly.
Remove the skewers from the grill and serve with the reserved marinade as dipping sauce.
- The longer you marinade the eggplant, the more flavor it will have. However, do not leave it in the marinade for more than 6 hours.
- If the eggplant starts to burn, either turn down the heat or move to a cooler part of the grill.
- Skewering the eggplant through the skin instead of just the flesh will help to keep it securely on the skewers.
Calories: 232kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 1093mg | Potassium: 649mg | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 22g | Vitamin A: 4490IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 3.2mg