Panko Crusted Crispy Stuffing Balls
These Stuffing Balls are the perfect way to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing and amp them up with a touch of gooey cheese and a nice crispy coating on the outside!
Servings 6 servings
- 4 cups cooked stuffing (leftover)
- 1 cup diced/shredded turkey
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 6 oz. brie rind removed and diced
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1/4 cups chicken broth (optional)
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Place the cooked stuffing in a large bowl.
Heat the bacon grease in a large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic. Cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
Add the turkey and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour over the stuffing. Mix to combine.
Add the brie and mix to distribute throughout the stuffing mixture.
Add chicken broth (optional) until the mixture is just wet enough to form into balls.
Roll stuffing into 2 inch balls. Coat in the flour, dip in the egg wash, and dredge in the panko breadcrumbs. Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Spray each ball with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp on the outside.
- Place the stuffing mixture in the fridge to chill after mixing it to make it easier to roll in balls;
- Chill the balls before dipping them in the panko egg coating to keep them from falling apart;
- Add small amounts of chicken broth to make the mixture sticky enough to stick together;
- Be sure to spray them thoroughly with the non stick cooking spray so they get nice and golden brown when cooking;
- Be careful to not use too many additions or the balls may not stick together;
- See below for some variations on these stuffing balls.
Serving: 2balls | Calories: 492kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 124mg | Sodium: 1019mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 734IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 136mg | Iron: 3mg