Spicy Glazed Asian Wings (Baked)
These Spicy Glazed Asian Wings are baked low and slow, crisped under high heat, and tossed in the most amazing umami packed sweet and spicy glaze for the perfect game day (or any day) appetizer!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 pounds chicken wings (wingettes/drummettes)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ⅓ teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 250F degrees. Place the chicken wings in a bag with the baking powder and salt and shake to evenly coat the wings.
Bake the wings for 30 minutes.
Turn up the heat to 425F degrees and bake another 40 minutes.
Place the wings in a bowl, coat with the glaze and pop back into the oven for 5-10 minutes until gooey and caramelized.
Serve with extra glaze on the side for dipping.
- Make sure you use baking powder, not baking soda!! Baking soda will not taste good and won't have the same effects.
- You can serve the wings after coating them in the glaze, but I like to give the glaze time to caramelize in the oven.
- Pat the wings dry with a paper towel before placing them in the bag with baking powder.
Serving: 4wings | Calories: 260kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 1332mg | Potassium: 343mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 96mg | Iron: 1mg