Tandoori Chicken Pizza
This Tandoori Chicken Pizza has a creamy, garlicky tandoori sauce, sweet red peppers & juicy marinaded chicken baked to crispy perfection on naan bread.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Marinade 1 day
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 pieces naan bread
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add the chicken and mix to coat it evenly. Place in the fridge for 6 hours (minimum) or overnight (preferred).
Heat the oven to 400 degrees and place the chicken on a baking rack over a baking sheet.
Roast for 30 minutes, flipping the chicken halfway through. Chicken should be golden brown and juices will run clear (internal temperature of 165 degrees).
Once the chicken has cooled, dice it in 1/2" pieces (bite sized chunks) and set aside.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Spread a layer of sauce over the naan bread. Top with the chopped chicken. Add the sliced red peppers and onions on top of the chicken.
Top with dollops of ricotta cheese and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until crust is crisp and golden brown.
Serve topped with cilantro and drizzled with extra honey yogurt sauce.
- Make sure to use Greek yogurt for this recipe; regular yogurt will not yield the same results. I recommend using the full fat version for extra creaminess.
- I recommend using chicken thighs as the meat stays juicier than chicken breasts.
- If you can't find naan bread, pita bread will also work.
- Roasted garlic is a MUST for the honey yogurt sauce. You can either roast your own or buy roasted garlic (link provided in the recipe card). I like to use this method from The Kitchn - How to Roast Garlic.
- Any type of honey will work here. I like to drive out to the country and get my honey from a roadside stand - I think it tastes amazing and I like to support local families.
- Pop the chicken under the broiler if it does not get golden brown.
- Spread the pizza sauce in a thin enough layer so it doesn't get soggy, but thick enough so you can taste the flavor (see photos above).
- The tandoori chicken can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to 3 days until ready for use.
Serving: 1flatbread | Calories: 731kcal | Carbohydrates: 76g | Protein: 45g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 159mg | Sodium: 1739mg | Potassium: 568mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 1540IU | Vitamin C: 42.5mg | Calcium: 296mg | Iron: 1.4mg