Hi! I’m Danielle and the cook, writer, taste tester (the best job) and photographer behind the blog Went Here 8 This.
I grew up cooking with my mom, and making and eating good food has always been a passion of mine. To this day, my mom and I talk about food and our new recipes and food finds during our weekly phone calls.
A lover of travel and international cuisines, my blog focuses on creating new and unique dishes using international flavors. I get my inspiration from traveling, trying new restaurants, and just browsing the aisles of international grocery stores to find new ingredients to try.
What You’ll Find on Went Here 8 This
I am a huge fan of big flavors, so you’ll find flavor packed, internationally inspired recipes on this site. With inspiration from cuisines around the world, I’ve developed easy to make recipes for all levels of home cooks.
The recipes contain detailed step by instructions, along with step-by-step photos to ensure you have success in your own kitchen. My goal is to enable you to recreate all the recipes on this site, as well as learn a bit more about different cuisines and fun new flavors.
In addition to recipe development, Went Here 8 This also includes reviews and lists of the best places to eat in San Diego, as well as information on both domestic and international traveling. I provide all the information necessary to ensure my readers find the best places to eat and the most interesting things to do.
Fun Facts About Danielle
- I started Went Here 8 This without any knowledge about blogging. I just knew I didn’t want to do what I was doing for the next 25 years.
- I seriously love anything food. I am obsessed with new cuisines, cooking styles and flavors. I always want to be learning about food.
- I will literally try ANYTHING. I once ate pig snout at a local Filipino restaurant. It wasn’t terrible, but not really my thing.
- I live with my boyfriend in San Diego. We just moved from the city out to the country and have fallen in love with the peace and quiet.
- I have a cat names Chloe. She’s so sweet and follows me around like a puppy. She hates the boyfriend though.
Went Here 8 This has been featured in Buzzfeed, MSN.com, Foodista, CNET.com, Bloglovin, Flipboard, Cookingbride.com, Foodgawker and Yummly, among others.
There is a Recipe Index where you can browse all sorts of recipes by category.
If you’re in the San Diego and looking for a great restaurant, check out the San Diego Food Guide.
There is a Resources page that gives you tips and tricks for cooking and teaches you about ingredients.
And lastly, if you’re looking to start a blog yourself, check out my Income Reports for inspiration as well as Blogging Resources.
Keeping in Touch
**If you are interesting in working with me, please head to my Work with Me page to see the services I offer.
Subscribe to my mailing list to get weekly updates on new recipes, new travel finds, and just life in general.
Or just shoot me an email at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you!