Dried Beef Dip (Hot Virginia Dip)
Made with just a handful of ingredients, this hot Dried Beef Dip is perfectly creamy, salty and ultra easy to put together in just a few minutes.
Prep Time 5 minutes minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes minutes
Total Time 25 minutes minutes
Servings 10 servings
- 4 ounces dried beef minced
- 16 ounces cream cheese
- 8 ounces sour cream
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¾ cup pecan halves
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Let the cream cheese come to room temperature (it's easier to mix this way).
While the cream softens, saute the pecans with the butter in a skillet over medium heat.
Cook for about 3-5 minutes, until they are lightly toasted. Remove from heat and set aside.
Mix the remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
Place the mixture in a greased 8x8" or 9x9" (1.5 quart) baking dish and pour the pecans on top.
Bake for 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Let sit for 10 minutes then serve with crackers.
- Be careful not to burn the pecans while sauteing them. Toss them often.
- Letting the dip sit for a few minutes after coming out of the oven allows it to firm up.
- Add some sliced jalapenos or 1-2 teaspoons of Tabasco sauce for some heat if desired.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 310kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 411mg | Potassium: 207mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 835IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 83mg | Iron: 1mg