Sous Vide Chicken Thighs
Sous Vide Chicken Thighs are the most tender chicken thighs you will ever taste with moist and juicy meat and deliciously crispy skin!
Servings 4 people
Heat a sous vide water bath to 160F degrees.
Combine all the ingredients (except chicken and lemon) in a bowl and mix together to make a sauce.
Pour the sauce in a vacuum seal bag with the chicken thighs and rub it to coat the thighs.
Vacuum seal and cook in the water bath for 4 hours.
Remove and place in an ice bath to cool the chicken.
Remove the chicken from the bag (reserving sauce) and place on a nonstick skillet, skin side down.
Turn the heat to medium high and cook until skin has browned, about 2-3 minutes (be careful not to overcook the chicken or it will dry out).
While the chicken is cooking, simmer the bag sauce for 2-3 minutes.
Serve the chicken drizzled with the bag sauce and a touch of fresh lemon juice.
- To ensure the chicken thighs cook evenly, seal them in the bag in a flat, single layer.
- To keep bacteria out of the sealed bag, make sure the vacuum sealable bag is sealed properly to remove the air.
- You’ll want to make sure the bag doesn’t float in the water bath. If it does, you can just open it, let the excess air out and reseal it.
- To prevent floating, you can also use something heavy like a sous vide sinker weight to weigh down the bag and keep it submerged.
- When browning the chicken thighs, just do it skin side down so the skin gets crispy. Be careful not to brown them for longer than 2-3 minutes as the chicken may dry out.
- For extra crispy skin, pat it dry with a paper towel before placing it in the hot skillet and don’t move the thighs around in the skillet.
- Don’t throw out the bag sauce! Simmer it in a saucepan and serve it over the chicken thighs.
Serving: 1thigh | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1889mg | Potassium: 270mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 217IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 1mg