Instant Pot Ham and Potato Soup
Instant Pot Ham and Potato Soup is made with diced ham and creamy potatoes and comes together in just 30 minutes in the pressure cooker!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 23 minutes
Total Time 33 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Heat the butter in the Instant Pot on the sauté setting.
Add the onions and cook 2-3 minutes, until softened.
Add remaining ingredients (except cream, peas and green onions) and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes.
Natural release for 5 minutes, then use the quick release to release any remaining pressure.
Turn the sauté setting on and add the cream and peas. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Use a potato masher to mash some of the potatoes to thicken the soup. (You can also use a cornstarch slurry to thicken if desired).
Garnish with green onions and serve.
- Cut your potatoes into roughly the same size pieces so they cook evenly. Larger pieces will take longer to cook.
- For the fastest results, make sure you’re using pre-cooked ham.
- Wait to add the cream until after pressure cooking. Adding it before may result in a burn message on your Instant Pot.
- Since frozen peas don’t take long to cook, you’ll want to wait to add them to the soup for the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- The recipe calls for heavy cream, but you can also use whole milk. I don’t recommend using low fat milk.
- If the soup ends up being too thick, just add some more chicken broth to thin it out.
- Be sure to let the pressure naturally release for 5 minutes as the soup will continue to cook during this time.
- While the cook time is 10 minutes on high in the Instant Pot, you’ll also need to factor in time for pressure to build and release.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 303kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 75mg | Sodium: 1418mg | Potassium: 552mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 2663IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 58mg | Iron: 2mg