Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are made quick and easy in the pressure cooker with tender and juicy slices of chicken, peppers and onions!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 4 people
- Sour cream or crema
- Sliced jalapenos
Heat the oil in the Instant Pot and add the chicken. Brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove and let cool. Slice into strips.
Add the onion and peppers to the Instant Pot and sauté for 1 minute.
Add all remaining ingredients (including sliced chicken).
Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Natural release pressure for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release the remaining pressure.
Serve hot on tortillas with accompaniments.
- You can use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, just remove the skin before cooking.
- Instead of red and green peppers, feel free to substitute with yellow and orange peppers.
- To help prevent your peppers and onions from getting too soft in the Instant Pot, make sure you cut them into thicker slices.
- If you don’t like your fajitas spicy, just leave out the chipotle pepper.
- You might think the broth will make your fajitas watery, but don’t leave it out as it’s required to build pressure and prevent a burn message on your Instant Pot.
- Instead of chicken broth, you can use vegetable broth or even water.
- Make sure your chicken is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165F degrees.
- Be sure to naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes as the chicken, peppers and onions will continue cooking during this time.
- While the cooking time in the Instant Pot is just 5 minutes on high, you’ll need to factor in time for the pressure to build and release.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1073IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg