Honey Garlic Tofu
This honey garlic tofu is made with tofu baked until golden brown then coated in a glaze of honey, soy sauce, and garlic and served over rice.
Servings 4 people
Heat the oven to 400F degrees.
Place the block of tofu between several paper towels and gently squeeze to get as much moisture out as possible. **You may need to replace the paper towels a couple times
Slice the tofu into ½-1" squares and toss in the oil, salt and black pepper.
Spread it on a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden brown around the edges and slightly crisped on the outside. (*can also be pan-fried in a non-stick skillet).
While the tofu bakes, mix the remaining ingredients together (except rice, green onions and sesame seeds).
Heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat and add the tofu.
Pour the sauce over the top and toss to fully coat the tofu. Cook for 1 minute.
Remove from heat and serve over steamed white rice garnished with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Add a bit of extra honey to give the tofu a sweeter, richer flavor.
- You can fry the tofu in a non-stick skillet instead of baking it also.
- Make sure you’re using firm or extra-firm tofu for this recipe, otherwise it won’t hold up very well when pan-fried.
- Serve it over rice or with a side of veggies for a complete meal.
- This recipe is easy to adapt, so feel free to add extra spice. A pinch of chili flakes would be delicious!
- You can also stir some chopped cashews or peanuts into your Honey Garlic Tofu for a crunchy topping.
- To make this recipe vegan, replace the honey with coconut sugar or palm sugar.
- Time-saving tip: cut up your tofu and prep the sauce ahead of time for a super quick meal!
Serving: 1g | Calories: 154kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 0.01g | Sodium: 1419mg | Potassium: 28mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 132mg | Iron: 1mg