Sous Vide Sirloin Tip Roast
If you've ever struggled making a roast beef at home that was perfectly tender & juicy, this sous vide sirloin tip roast is perfect for you!
Servings 6 servings
Heat a sous vide water bath to 131F degrees.
Season the beef with salt and pepper.
Combine the beef with the remaining ingredients (except avocado oil and beef stock) in a vacuum seal bag and seal.
Cook in the water bath for 36 hours.
Remove and reserve the bag sauce in a saucepan.
Simmer the bag sauce and add ½ to 1 cup beef stock to dilute it as necessary. This will be the jus to serve alongside the beef.
Skim the jus while it cooks, or strain after it simmer for about 3-5 minutes.
While the jus cooks, heat a skillet over high heat and add the avocado oil.
Add the beef to the skillet and sear for 1-3 minutes on each side, until a browned crust forms.
Remove from heat, let it cool slightly, the slice and serve with the jus.
- If you want to slice it very thin for sandwiches, it will be easier to slice it when it's cold.
- Make sure you properly remove air from the sealable bag to avoid bacteria getting in.
- To ensure even and safe cooking, the bag should be fully submerged in the water bath. It may not be fully submerged if the bag floats or the water evaporates. Weigh it down if it starts to float.
- When searing, don't use a low smoke point fat like butter as it may burn over high heat. Use avocado oil or another high smoke point oil.
- Do not cook the beef below 130F degrees for longer than 2-2 ½ hours as this can allow harmful bacteria to form.
Serving: 6ounces | Calories: 235kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 83mg | Sodium: 940mg | Potassium: 585mg | Fiber: 0.2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 7IU | Vitamin C: 0.4mg | Calcium: 40mg | Iron: 3mg