Hasselback Potato Recipe
This Hasselback Potato recipe is so deliciously chewy, crispy and garlicky, and super easy to make! Cut in slices and coated in a generous amount of duck fat and garlic, these potato fans are the perfect side dish to any meal!
Servings 4 servings
- 4 potatoes (russet, gold, any starchy potato)
- 4 tbsp. duck fat
- 2-3 tsp. sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Slice potatoes into fans, about 1/4" to 1/8" thick.
Heat duck fat, garlic and salt until melted in a sauce and drizzle on potatoes, ensuring it gets in between the slices.
Bake for 60 minutes until edges are crispy but inside is tender. Test doneness with a fork or knife.
- Take the potatoes out every 20 minutes and spoon the fat from the pan back onto the potatoes;
- You may need to add additional bake time to the potatoes if they are larger - test doneness with a knife entered in the bottom of the potatoes. If it pierces the potato easily, they are done.
- Add more or less garlic to your liking;
- If you want a little spice, add a teaspoon of crushed red pepper to the duck fat mixture;
- Substitute any high smoke point fat for the duck fat if desired. However, I find this recipe is best with duck fat personally. Don't use butter as it will likely burn in the oven.
Serving: 1potatoes | Calories: 256kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 15mg | Sodium: 977mg | Potassium: 880mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin C: 25mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 7mg