No-Bake Lemon Chiffon Pie with Gingersnap Crust
Sweet whipped cream mixed with tangy lemon curd in a homemade buttery gingersnap crust, this No-Bake Lemon Chiffon Pie is ultra easy to make!
Servings 8 slices
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Place the gingersnaps in a food processor and pulse until ground.
Combine the granulated sugar, ground gingersnaps and butter; mix until a dough starts to form. Press the mixture firmly into a 9" pie plate. Use a flat object to make sure the mixture is pressed down firmly. (Note - there may be some crust mixture left over).
Bake the crust for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool fully.
Whip the cream until frothy, then add the sugar, a little at a time, until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to over beat the cream or it will start to become watery.
Gently fold the warmed lemon curd into the whipped cream, 1/4 cup at a time, being careful not to over-mix.
Pour into the cooled crust and refrigerate for 2 hours. Slice and serve with whipped cream and/or candied lemon slices.
- If you don't have homemade lemon curd, store bought can be substituted. Buy it HERE.
- Use the back of a measuring cup or other small flat surface to press the gingersnap crust firmly into the pie plate.
- There may be a little of the crust mixture left over. You can use it to garnish the pie at the end if desired.
- Let the crust cool fully before adding the lemon mousse. A warm crust may cause the mousse to deflate.
- Warm the lemon curd in the microwave before folding it into the whipped cream. Be careful not to warm it too much.
- Gently fold 1/4 cup of lemon curd at a time into the whipped cream, being careful not to over-mix. Over mixing will cause your pie to fall flat.
- Cool the pie in the refrigerator fully before serving.
- Substitute graham crackers or vanilla wafers for the gingersnaps in the crust recipe if desired. All other instructions remain the same.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 519kcal | Carbohydrates: 52g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 101mg | Sodium: 261mg | Potassium: 105mg | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 1105IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 54mg | Iron: 1.1mg