No Bake Chocolate Mousse Pie
This no bake Chocolate Mousse Pie is made with creamy melted chocolate mixed with whipped cream and fluffy egg whites all on top of a homemade Oreo crust
Servings 8 slices
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor and pulse until crumbs are formed.
Add melted butter and mix until thoroughly combined.
Press the mixture firmly into pie plate. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes.
Melt chocolate and butter together in a heatproof bowl. I recommend using the microwave for the quickest results.
Place whipping cream in a bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Slowly fold in the melted chocolate. The mixture doesn't have to be fully combined at this point - streaks are ok.
Beat the egg whites with a mixer until they become frothy. Add the cream of tartar and 1/4 of the sugar. Continue beating, adding a little sugar at a time, until soft peaks form.
Fold the egg whites gently into the cream and chocolate mixture. Be carefull not to over-mix or the mousse will start to deflate.
Pour the chocolate mousse into the cooled Oreo pie crust. Chill for 4 hours, or until completely cooled and set.
Whip the cream until it starts to become frothy.
Add the sugar and vanilla and continue beating until soft peaks form.
Spread the whipped cream over the cooled chocolate mousse. Refrigerate 1 hour and serve.
- Be careful not to over beat the whipping cream or it will become watery and you'll have to start over.
- Let the egg whites come to room temperature before whipping them - they will whip better.
- Let the crust cool fully before adding the mousse. A warm crust could cause the mousse to start to deflate. I typically place the crust in the freezer for about 20 minutes before adding the mousse.
- Whenever you are mixing something with egg whites, be sure to fold the mixture together, don't just mix it.
- Cool the pie fully before serving. If you serve when it's warm, it will be very messy.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 783kcal | Carbohydrates: 59g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 37g | Cholesterol: 146mg | Sodium: 283mg | Potassium: 417mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 1590IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 95mg | Iron: 7.5mg