Vietnamese Chicken Recipe
This Vietnamese Chicken is marinaded with fish sauce, soy sauce, garlic, lemongrass and chilies for a chicken recipe that packs a punch of flavor
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 40 minutes
Total Time 45 minutes
Servings 4 servings
Large Baking Sheet
- 2 lbs. bone-in skin on chicken thighs (4 thighs)
- Juice of 1/2 lime
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the chicken, ensuring it is coated with the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place a baking rack on top.
Place chicken thighs on baking rack and drizzle with the lime juice.
Bake chicken for 40 minutes, flipping half way through.
Skin should be browned and crispy. If it's not, place it under the broiler for a minute or two until it crisps up.
- If the skin is not crisp when done, pop it under the broiler for a couple minutes until desired crispness is reached.
- Be sure to boil the reserved marinade if you are going to use it to kill all the bacteria. You can also reserve a portion of the marinade before putting the chicken in if you prefer.
- Brown sugar or coconut sugar can be substituted for palm sugar if necessary.
- Fresh lemongrass can be used in place of the paste, however, it is more labor intensive to work with. To learn how to prepare lemongrass, read this article by the Spruce.
Serving: 1thigh | Calories: 490kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 49g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 2259mg | Potassium: 915mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 510IU | Vitamin C: 2.5mg | Calcium: 63mg | Iron: 2.3mg