Spicy Thai Shrimp Salad (Pla Goong)
This spicy Thai Shrimp Salad is made with plump, juicy shrimp, fresh herbs and veggies, and drizzled in a spicy yet delicious Thai salad dressing.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1/2 lbs. medium shrimp
- 4 cups chopped lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 2 tsp. mint leaves, chopped
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
Combine the Thai dressing ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
Heat 1 tsp. coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and cook 1-2 minutes per side, until pink and no longer opaque. Remove from heat and set aside.
Combine the shallot, red onion, cilantro and mint in a small bowl and mix to combine. In a large bowl, add the chopped lettuce. Sprinkle with the herb and onion mixture. Layer the cooked shrimp over top and drizzle with the dressing.
- Brown sugar can be substituted for palm sugar if you can't find palm sugar (link to purchase is in the recipe card).
- The shrimp will only need to cook 1-2 minutes per side. They are done when they are no longer opaque.
- Use more or less Thai chilies in the dressing depending on your spice preference. Thai chilies can be very spicy.
- Fresh lime juice should always be used. Bottled will not have the same flavor.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 145kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 142mg | Sodium: 1052mg | Potassium: 513mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1550IU | Vitamin C: 66.2mg | Calcium: 115mg | Iron: 2.6mg