Pesto Cod Fish Tacos
These ultra easy to make pesto cod fish tacos are incredible and come together in under an hour!
Servings 4 servings
Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the cod. Let it marinade for 30 minutes.
Heat the avocado oil over medium heat.
Add the fish and cook for 3-4 minutes per side. **Fish should flake but still be moist when done.
Remove and serve on tortillas with the crema (below), cilantro, tomato, cotija cheese and a squeeze of lime juice.
- Cut the cod into pieces about 3 inches long to make it fit in the tacos easier.
- Add a 1-2 diced serrano peppers to the marinade and/or garnishes for some extra heat.
- Don't let the fish marinade more than an hour or the lime juice will "cook" the outside, giving it a tougher texture after cooking.
- When the fish is done cooking, it should lightly flake with a fork. It should still be tender and juicy in the middle.
- Serve the tacos however you'd like. You can even omit the tortillas and just serve the fish drizzled with crema for a lower carb option.
Serving: 2tacos | Calories: 280kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 902mg | Potassium: 430mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 533IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 114mg | Iron: 1mg