Air Fryer Mac and Cheese
Air Fryer Mac and Cheese is ultra rich and cheesy with just 8 ingredients that are easy to assemble for a quick and simple weeknight meal!
Servings 6 people
- 8 ounces macaroni cooked al dente in salted water
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup cream
- 8 ounce cheddar cheese grated
- 1 ½ teaspoons dry mustard
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Combine the macaroni, seasonings, milk, cream and half the cheese in 2 non-stick round pans.
Cook at 360F degrees for 7 minutes. **You will need to cook in 2 batches.
Stir in the remaining cheese and cook another 2-4 minutes, until lightly browned and bubbly.
Remove and serve.
- Be sure to cook your macaroni al dente. This will ensure it doesn’t overcook and get too soft in the mac and cheese.
- For the best melting cheese, use freshly grated cheese from a block. Avoid pre-shredded cheese as it doesn’t melt as well.
- You’ll need to use a pan that fits in your air fryer. If you’re using a smaller pan, reduce the cooking time to avoid over cooking the mac and cheese.
- This recipe makes a large batch of mac and cheese, so you’ll need to air fry in 2 batches. Feel free to half the recipe and just air fry one batch.
- While I used cheddar, you can use different kinds of cheese like mozzarella, parmesan, gruyere or gouda.
- Change things up by adding different dried herbs and spices. Sometimes we like to add a little Cajun seasoning to spice things up.
- You can also add some pre-cooked chicken, ham or bacon, or veggies like chopped peppers or green peas.
- Air fryers can vary so you may need to adjust the temperature and air frying time slightly.
Serving: 0.5cups | Calories: 390kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 65mg | Sodium: 658mg | Potassium: 202mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 819IU | Vitamin C: 0.2mg | Calcium: 341mg | Iron: 1mg