Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are made quick and easy in the pressure cooker with tender and juicy slices of chicken, peppers and onions!
Servings 4 people
- Sour cream or crema
- Sliced jalapenos
Heat the oil in the Instant Pot and add the chicken. Brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
Remove and let cool. Slice into strips.
Add the onion and peppers to the Instant Pot and sauté for 1 minute.
Add all remaining ingredients (including sliced chicken).
Pressure cook on high for 5 minutes. Natural release pressure for 10 minutes, then use the quick release to release the remaining pressure.
Serve hot on tortillas with accompaniments.
- You can use bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs, just remove the skin before cooking.
- Instead of red and green peppers, feel free to substitute with yellow and orange peppers.
- To help prevent your peppers and onions from getting too soft in the Instant Pot, make sure you cut them into thicker slices.
- If you don’t like your fajitas spicy, just leave out the chipotle pepper.
- You might think the broth will make your fajitas watery, but don’t leave it out as it’s required to build pressure and prevent a burn message on your Instant Pot.
- Instead of chicken broth, you can use vegetable broth or even water.
- Make sure your chicken is cooked to a safe internal temperature of 165F degrees.
- Be sure to naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes as the chicken, peppers and onions will continue cooking during this time.
- While the cooking time in the Instant Pot is just 5 minutes on high, you’ll need to factor in time for the pressure to build and release.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 198kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 0.04g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 444mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1073IU | Vitamin C: 65mg | Calcium: 21mg | Iron: 1mg