Mustard Chicken Marinade
An easy chicken marinade made with soy sauce, lemon juice and mustard, this Mustard Chicken Marinade is salty, tangy and just plain incredible!
Servings 8 servings
For the Meats & Veggies
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced (any color pepper would work here)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages whole mushrooms (white or baby bella)
- 1 onion quartered and roughly chopped in 2 " pieces
- 20 Bamboo skewers
Combine the marinade ingredients in a large bowl.
Cut the chicken into bite size pieces (2"). Chop all veggies into bite size pieces (2").
Add the chicken and vegetables to the marinade and mix well to coat everything. Marinade in the fridge overnight up to 24 hours for the best results.
Soak the bamboo skewers in water for about 20-40 minutes before you're ready to start cooking.
Heat the grill to 400F.
Skewer the chicken and vegetable pieces onto the skewers, rotating different veggies and chicken (see photos below).
Place on the grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes per side, turning often to prevent too much charring.
Use the Leftover Marinade:
- Be sure to use a glass bowl as a metal bowl may give the chicken a metallic taste.
- The chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 155-160F before removing from the grill. It will continue to rise to 165F as it rests. This takes about 5-7 minutes.
- Cook the leftover marinade in the microwave for at least 3-5 minutes to kill any bacteria.
- If you're concerned about burning the vegetables, you can put them on separate skewers and cook for 2-4 minutes/side.
- This marinade is also incredible used on flank steak. Grill the flank steak on a 500F grill for about 3-5 minutes side for rare. The internal temperature should be 145 degrees for rare.
- Add a little heat with a teaspoon of cayenne pepper;
- If you like a little sweet in your chicken, add 1-2 tablespoons of honey or coconut sugar to the marinade;
- Use whatever vegetables you like such as large pieces of jalapeno, all colors of bell pepper, poblano pepper, mini potatoes, eggplant, etc.
Serving: 2kabobs | Calories: 231kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 108mg | Sodium: 1408mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 542IU | Vitamin C: 30mg | Calcium: 26mg | Iron: 2mg