15 Minute Korean Style Udon Stir Fry
Thick and chewy udon noodles stir fried in kimchi butter with juicy slices of chicken thigh, crispy crumbled bacon, spicy kimchi, all topped with a fried egg, this udon stir fry is ready to devour in 15 minutes!
Servings 2 servings
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 12 ounces udon noodles cooked and drained
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tablespoons mirin
- Green onions for garnish
- 4 fried eggs optional
Add 1 tablespoon of kimchi butter (see below for kimchi butter instructions) to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook, 3-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle.
Remove and set aside to cool. Once cool to the touch, slice the chicken into bite sized pieces. You can do this part in advance if you'd like.
Add another tablespoon of kimchi butter to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
Add the chicken and cook for 30 seconds.
Add the udon noodles and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. It's ok if the noodles char a touch, it adds some flavor. Just be careful they don't burn.
Add the mirin and let it cook for 1 minute, tossing often.
Add the soy sauce, bacon and sesame oil. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated (about 2-3 minutes).
Serve with a fried egg on top (optional) and garnish with green onions.
- Make sure the udon noodles are drained well before using them. Otherwise the excess water will make your sauce watery.
- Use softened (not melted) butter to make the kimchi butter. It makes it easier to mix.
- Substitute pork, beef, tofu or seafood for the chicken.
- Add vegetables such as diced carrots, bok choy, broccoli or red peppers to the stir fry. Stir fry the vegetables for 2 -3 minutes before adding the noodles ad garlic.
- The fried egg is optional, but it tastes amazing :-)
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 1308kcal | Carbohydrates: 127g | Protein: 67g | Fat: 61g | Saturated Fat: 25g | Cholesterol: 525mg | Sodium: 3512mg | Potassium: 547mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 21g | Vitamin A: 1212IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 3mg