This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
Thick and chewy udon noodles stir fried in kimchi butter with juicy slices of chicken thigh, crispy crumbled bacon, spicy kimchi, seasoned with a delicious umami sauce and topped with an egg, you NEED this udon stir fry in your life!
I’m serious guys, you totally need to have this udon stir fry in your life.
It is 100% one of the best things I’ve ever eaten. If you’re a sucker for noodles like I am, you’re going to love this.
To top it off, it’s so totally easy to make. It takes less than 30 minutes, and if you’re super efficient, you may even be able to finish it in 15. Crazy huh?
Fifteen minutes to one of the best meals ever? SOLD.
**Kinda like these super delicious Korean Sweet and Spicy Rice Cakes – incredibly easy to make and on the table in 20 minutes!**
You didn’t misread either…I said kimchi butter.
Made with a stick of butter, chopped kimchi and some Korean soy bean paste, this stuff is GOOD. I’m excited to use it on some other things too (perhaps some wings…we’ll see what happens).
And of course, bacon makes just about everything better. Apparently even sweets now.
Bacon chocolate, I love you.
And that egg…that ooey gooey runny egg. That’s just the icing on the cake.
If you want to learn a bit more about Korean ingredients, pop on over and check out this post.
You should be able to find these ingredients at your local Asian market, or you can buy them below on Amazon (affiliate links – I earn a small commission if you buy through these links to help me buy coffee for late nights working on the blog):
How to Make Kimchi Udon Stir Fry
Make your kimchi butter first. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until thoroughly combined. The butter can be stored in the fridge until you’re ready to use it.
Add 1 tbsp. of kimchi butter to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook, 3-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle.
Remove and set aside to cool. Once cool to the touch, slice the chicken into bite sized pieces.
**NOTE: if you plan to serve with the fried egg, I would make the egg at the same time you do the below steps**
Add another tbsp. of kimchi butter to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
Add the udon noodles and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. It’s ok if the noodles char a touch, it adds some flavor. Just be careful they don’t burn.
Add the mirin and let it cook off for 1 minute. Add the soy sauce, bacon, chicken and sesame oil. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated (about 3-5 minutes).
Serve with a fried egg on top and garnish with green onions and gochugaru for a touch of added spice.
Now guys, tell me this isn’t one of the best things ever.
Tell me you haven’t fallen in love with this kimchi udon stir fry.
Don’t worry, this isn’t the only awesome recipe on this site! Check out these other mouthgasm worthy recipes:
Instant Pot Korean Baby Back Ribs
Spicy Pork Bulgolgi Tacos
Vietnamese Pork Noodle Bowls
Instant Pot Spicy Braised Oxtails
Crispy Cajun Style Chicken Wings
Buttery Brandied Sauteed Mushrooms
Louisiana Seafood Gumbo
5 Minute Vietnamese Salsa
Did you make this udon stir fry? Leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out!
15 Minute Korean Style Udon Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons Korean soy bean paste
- 4 tablespoons minced kimchi
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- Add 1 tablespoon of kimchi butter (see below for kimchi butter instructions) to a skillet and heat over medium heat. Add the chicken thighs and cook, 3-4 minutes per side, until no longer pink in the middle.
- Remove and set aside to cool. Once cool to the touch, slice the chicken into bite sized pieces. You can do this part in advance if you'd like.
- Add another tablespoon of kimchi butter to the skillet and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the udon noodles and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. It's ok if the noodles char a touch, it adds some flavor. Just be careful they don't burn.
- Add the mirin and let it cook for 1 minute, tossing often.
- Add the soy sauce, bacon, chicken and sesame oil. Cook until all the liquid has evaporated (about 3-5 minutes).
- Serve with a fried egg on top (optional) and garnish with green onions.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly. Store in the fridge until ready for use.
Did you make this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, post a photo and tag #wenthere8this. I want to see what you made!