Rabokki is made with chewy rice cakes, instant ramen noodles, dumplings and fish cake all stir cooked in a sweet and spicy gochujang sauce.
Servings 6 servings
Combine all the rabokki sauce ingredients and set aside.
Bring the dashi stock to a simmer.
Add the sauce and cabbage to the dashi.
Add the rice cakes and ramen noodles and cook 1-2 minutes.
Add the fish cakes and dumplings and cook 3-5 minutes, until noodles and dumplings are cooked through.
Remove from heat and top with 1-2 slices of American cheese.
Add eggs to the dish (optional) and garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Substitute chicken stock for dashi if you need to.
- If you can't find the mandu dumplings, you can omit them.
- Any kind of dried ramen noodle will do.
- Choose a gochujang that fits your spice preference (mild to extra hot).
- If the mixture gets too thick, add additional dashi or chicken stock.
- You can add vegetables like zucchini, cooked radish or anything you like if you want some add-ins.
- Don't skip the American cheese - it really does add something special to the dish.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 42g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 504mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 204IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg