Sweet & Spicy Brussels Sprouts
These Sweet & Spicy Brussels Sprouts are roasted to get those delicious caramelized edges and tender insides, then tossed in a glaze of soy sauce, honey and spicy chili garlic sauce.
Servings 4 servings
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Put your halved Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl and combine with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread them out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
Roast for 25 minutes.
Combine the soy sauce, honey and chili garlic sauce in a large bowl and mix.
Pour the roasted brussels sprouts into the bowl and toss to coat with the chili soy mixture. Serve.
- Larger brussels sprouts will need more time to roast to cook through fully;
- Make sure the Brussels sprouts are in a single layer when roasting them. If they overlap each other they will not caramelize like we want them to.
- The brussels sprouts should be coated with olive oil to help them caramelize better;
- Coconut oil can be substituted for olive oil if desired;
- The recipe can be easily doubled or tripled.
Serving: 4oz | Calories: 205kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 626mg | Potassium: 450mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 855IU | Vitamin C: 97.1mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 1.7mg