Chocolate Ganache Tart
This Chocolate Ganache Tart is made with an Oreo crust topped with a layer of salted caramel, all under a rich and decadent chocolate ganache, then topped with flecks of sea salt.
Servings 12 slices
Spray 9" spring form pan with nonstick spray.
Use a food processor to finely blend Oreos and place in a bowl.
Add melted butter and mix until the butter has been combined.
Press crust mixture into bottom of spring form pan, going up about 2 inches.
Bake at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
Cool in fridge for about an hour before adding the filling,
Salted Caramel Filling:
Place caramels and 4 tbsp. of whipping cream in a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until it is smooth. Stir in the ¼ tsp. salt and spread in the bottom of the pie crust.
Place chocolate chips and cream in a bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between, until it is smooth.
Spread over top of the caramel mixture and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
Refrigerate until set, about 2-3 hours.
Slice with a warmed knife and serve. Store in the fridge for up to 5-7 days.
- Use the back of a flat measuring cup or glass to press the Oreo mixture into the spring form pan. This will help even the crust out;
- Any kind of crust can be used in place of the Oreo crust;
- The pie needs to chill for at least 2-3 hours so it has time to set;
- While the spring form pan is not required, I highly recommend it so you can easily release the tart from the pan, which makes it easier to cut and serve;
- The sprinkled sea salt flakes on top is optional, but I highly recommend it for the best flavor;
- Run a knife under hot water before slicing the tart.
Serving: 1slice | Calories: 541kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 33g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 50mg | Sodium: 255mg | Potassium: 309mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 40g | Vitamin A: 536IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 79mg | Iron: 5mg