How to Make Easy Candied Pecans
Roasted pecans coated in a cinnamon, sugar and honey glaze, these spiced candied pecans are incredibly delicious and addictive.
Servings 8 servings
Preheat the oven to 250F degrees. Whip the egg whites and vanilla until very soft peaks form.
Coat the pecans with the egg white mixture, making sure they are fully covered.
Combine all other ingredients in a separate bowl and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients to the pecans and mix, making sure the pecans are coated evenly.
Arrange the pecans in a single layer. Bake for 30 minutes. Add the melted honey and stir the pecans to coat them.
Place back in the oven for another 30 minutes.
Remove and let cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
- Raw pecan halves should be used for the best results.
- Humidity will cause your pecans to be sticky. This is why it is important to whip your egg whites and coat the pecans in it. The egg whites will help keep the pecans from becoming too sticky.
- Make sure the pecans are arranged in a single layer to ensure even roasting.
- Candied pecans will last in a covered container for about 2 weeks before they start to go rancid.
- Substitute almonds, peanuts or any other kind of nut for the pecans if desired. However, I believe that pecans work the best.
- To add more spice, add additional cayenne pepper.
Serving: 0.25cups | Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 31g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 301mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 37IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 1mg