Goat Cheese and Avocado Toast Recipe
This avocado toast recipe is spread with a layer of goat cheese and topped with a fried egg for breakfast perfection!
Servings 2 servings
- 1 ripe avocado smashed
- 2 pieces thick cut bread
- 4 oz. Goat cheese
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. Coarse sea salt
- Salt & pepper (to taste for eggs)
Remove the avocado flesh and place in a bowl. Use a fork to mash it so it's easy to spread on the bread.
Toast the bread so it is crisp on the outside, but still somewhat soft in the middle. It should be toasted enough that the goat cheese and avocado can be easily spread.
Heat 1 tsp. olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and add the eggs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper (to taste) while frying.
While the eggs are cooking, spread a thick layer of goat cheese on each piece of bread (see photos above in post).
Spread the avocado over top of the goat cheese. Sprinkle with the coarse sea salt to taste, and top with the fried egg (sunny side up).
- The bread should be toasted enough that the surface is firm to the touch. The goat cheese and avocado should be easily spread with crushing the bread.
- Let the goat cheese come to room temperature to make it easier to spread.
- Sprinkle the avocado with additional coarse sea salt to taste.
- The goat cheese should be thick enough to cover the bread (bread should not be showing through).
- A sunny side up egg is used for this recipe, but you can prepare the eggs to your liking.
Serving: 1piece | Calories: 376kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 760mg | Potassium: 548mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 970IU | Vitamin C: 10.1mg | Calcium: 116mg | Iron: 2.4mg