This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure.
These crispy Brazilian roasted chicken thighs are marinated in fresh lime juice and churrasco seasoning, roasted until juicy and crispy, and served with the most mouthwateringly delicious creamy citrus corn gravy - don't miss out on this recipe!
This Brazilian roasted chicken is life.
The chicken alone is perfectly crisp and juicy, and that churrasco seasoning mixed with tangy lime and soy sauce (like I can make a meal without soy sauce...) is just perfection.
I know it's summer guys, and a lot of you don't want to turn on your oven, so I've also included instructions for grilling the chicken. Which, BTW, is amazing!
And that corn gravy. Good god I don't even know what to say about it. Except that it's good enough to eat with a spoon. This was one of those random "I think this might be good" recipes that turned out AMAZING.
So guys, you NEED this Brazilian roasted chicken. It's so delicious and so incredibly easy to make, you're going to fall in love.
The ingredients in this are easy to find and you likely already have them. If not, you can buy them through the below Amazon links if you don't feel like scouring the grocery store (affiliate links - I earn a small commission to help me live an extra extravagant lifestyle (LOL) if you buy through these links):
- Soy sauce
- Churrasco seasoning
- Garlic cloves
- Chicken broth
- Black pepper
- Coconut sugar
- Parchment paper
What is Churrasco Made of?
Churrasco typically consists of garlic, onion, parsley, crushed red pepper, and black peppercorns. I use a dry seasoning for this recipe that I then mix with lime juice and soy sauce. This seasoning gives the meat a perfect light flavor, which is then complemented with the citrus corn gravy.
Step By Step Instructions
You've got 2 options here: roast or grill.
For both options, we're going to do a quick marinade first. Combine all the marinade ingredients in a bowl and add the chicken. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to one hour.
If we let the chicken marinade too long, the lime juice will start to cook it, and we don't want that!
To roast the chicken, line a baking sheet with parchment paper (I love parchment paper!) and place a rack on top. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
Place the chicken on the rack and roast for 30 minutes per side, basting with the extra marinade half way through.
To grill the chicken, heat the grill to about 400 degrees. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
In both cases, let the chicken rest for about 5-10 minutes so the juices can redistribute. Serve with the citrus corn gravy.
How to Make Corn Gravy
Drain the corn and give it a quick rinse. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the corn; cook for 2-3 minutes. Corn will likely be sizzling just a little bit.
Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, coconut sugar and cumin and cook for 10 minutes, or until broth has reduced by half.
Add the lime juice and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the cream and cook until cream has reduced and corn mixture is a creamy, gravy-like texture (about 5 minutes).
NOTE: For a thicker gravy, cook longer, for a thinner gravy, cook less or add additional cream/broth.
For an extra boost of flavor, use 1 ½ cups roasted corn in place of the canned corn.
How Long Does it Take to Cook Chicken Thighs on a Gas Grill?
It takes chicken thighs about 6-8 minutes per side to cook completely on a gas grill heated to about 400 degrees.
The best way to check for doneness is to use a meat thermometer and cook the thighs until the internal temperature reached 165 degrees.
Chicken is just so versatile. Check out some of my other favorite chicken recipes:
Instant Pot Creamy Coq Au Vin
Vietnamese Crispy Roasted Chicken
One Pot Chicken Cordon Bleu Pasta
Roasted Miso Butter Chicken Thighs
Chicken Braised in White Wine and Dijon Mustard
Korean Chicken Udon Stir Fry
Chicken Katsu Curry
Did you make this Brazilian roasted chicken? Leave a comment below and let me know how it turned out!
Brazilian Roasted Chicken with Citrus Corn Gravy
- 2 lbs. chicken thighs (bone in, skin on)
- Combine the salt, pepper, lime juice, soy sauce and churrasco seasoning in a bowl. Add the chicken thighs and marinade for 30-60 minutes.
- To roast the chicken, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and top with a baking rack. Cooking on a rack helps the chicken stay crisp.
- Roast the chicken thighs 30 minutes per side, basting with excess marinade halfway through.
- To grill the chicken, heat the grill to about 400 degrees. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for about 6-8 minutes per side, or until internal temperature is 165 degrees.
- Spoon corn gravy over the chicken thighs and serve.
Creamy Citrus Corn Gravy:
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the corn and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth, salt, pepper, coconut sugar and cumin and cook for 10 minutes, or until broth has reduced by half.
- Add the lime juice and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add the cream and cook until cream has reduced and corn mixture is a creamy, gravy-like texture (about 5 minutes.
- For a thicker gravy, cook longer, for a thinner gravy, cook less or add additional cream/broth.
- For an extra boost of flavor, use 1 ½ cups roasted corn in place of the canned corn.
Did you make this recipe? Follow me on Instagram, post a photos and tag @wenthere8this or #wenthere8this. I love to see what you're making!